St. Joseph’s Cemetery
St. Joseph’s Cemetery is located on the east side of Route 12B, in Madison County, about half a mile between the village line and Route 20, a distance of about one mile. The Cemetery was organized in 1916 when the Rev. Henry Hyland was Pastor. Originally farm land, this parcel was given to the Parish by William Jordan on August 31, 1917. Two stone pillars and iron gateway were installed at the entrance of the Cemetery but due to deterioration they were removed about 1995. A short-looped blacktop driveway was installed about 1965, and an extended blacktop road was done in 1976. In 1972, spruce trees from Ed Quackenbush, and in 1973, sugar maples from Ralph Sawyer were installed to border the cemetery and roadways.
The first person to be buried in St. Joseph’s Cemetery was Albert Talarczyk, who died in the Flood of 1917.
Please contact for information on St Joseph’s Cemetery:
St. Bernard’s Church
Fr. Jason Hage
Located at :
199 Stafford Ave.
Waterville, NY 13480
Mon-Thurs 9-2 (& by Appointment)